- Fleurs du Jour Santa Monica's Fleurs du Jour creates beautiful, five-star arrangements at competitive prices. Their distinctive work is always top-notch and you'll be reassured by their friendly personal service. I am always delighted to see their bouquets and centerpieces at an event--they've got the whimsy thing down, too. 310.399.9131 or toll-free 1.800.248.1589.
- Century City Flower Market--Floral Designs and Event Planner I was incredibly impressed by the fantastic work of Century City Flower Market, especially since the day I first encountered them they were (through no fault of their own) completely under the schedule gun. Not only was the floral design amazing and perfectly realized, but they erected the entire elaborate display--including hung vines and arrangements, piping, drapes, pedestals, and more--in half the agreed-upon time. Bravo, guys and ladies. It was truly amazing, and you never would have known it didn't take all day. These folks are pros. 310.277.6737 or 1.800.576.7372
- Lorelei--Florals and Events By Design Lorelei comes from England and though she (like most Brits) loves the California climate, she misses the gardens of home. This love of flowers and gardens drives her work, and you'll see the inspiration in her dedication to quality and lovely presentation. Lest you think "English Garden" is all she can do, I saw her create modernistic wedding arrangements at the Hotel Roosevelt that were so spectacular, any contempo-design freak would feel all hip inside just sitting next to them. 805.551.6970 or email via the website for a consultation.
- Ikebana by Noriko Naruishi Mar Vista ikebana teacher Noriko Naruishi will design and create ikebana florals for your wedding or event; she also teaches Wednesdays and Saturdays if you would like to try your hand at this ancient Japanese art form. Her work is eye-catching but subtle, drawing the viewer in for contemplation, and demonstrates a love of nature, harmony, and balance--perfect for a sophisticated wedding. Call her at 310.403.3612 to inquire or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lillà Bello Studio Lillà Bello isn't your run-of-the-mill event florist, but a floral design and gift studio dedicated to outstanding quality and innovative, evocative designs. Lillà Bello wedding bouquets and centerpieces will not only knock your white-tulle socks off; talk to their designers about delivering unique gift/floral combos to your in-town guests (or your sweetie's hotel room.) Toby Kassoy, Lillà Bello's owner/designer (she's a girl Toby, btw) also offers full and partial wedding coordinating services, bringing even more flair to your entire event. Call 310.453.3311 for info, or order something fun for delivery via the website.
- Mary Falkingham Floral Designs Mary's been in floral design for over 20 years and her work has been featured many times in print, but only in person can you really appreciate her graceful shapes and colors. Her custom florals are exquisitely beautiful but not show-off-y; we admire the way she integrates her colors and designs into your ceremony setting. Go see her work either online or at the Pasadena studio. 626.794.5443
- Tic-Tock Couture Florals The extensive online catalog of Tic-Tock's A-list floral work not only tickles the shopping-pleasure buttons, but educates about the visual potential of flowers in the hands of a gifted creative director. For over twenty years Tic-Tock designs have been gracing the offices of CEOS, celebrity homes, magazine pages, and major events; as you'll see from their online wedding portfolio, the possibilities are endless. You can also order exquisite high-end arrangements for delivery via the website--you didn't forget your spouse's birthday, did you? 1.800.893.6688
- Ginny G. Floral Design Ginny's creations have been in the presence of Mayor Villaraigosa, the Duke of York, and too many other dignitaries to mention--so yeah, we can conclude that she does the formal floral stuff just fine. However, I first encountered her via the kicky, inventive, and fun designs she also does so well (check out not just the "Wedding" photo gallery of her work on her site, but the "Special Occasions" one too, to see what I mean.) Your guests will thrill when welcomed by one of her displays--so will you. Call 818.992.6258 or email via the website to get started.
- Luna Gardens Floral Design Studio Ricardo Luna has been doing corporate and family event florals for over 15 years, so he has an eye for the elegant. We particularly like his selection of beautiful and distinctive gates, pedestals, and arches--often short-shrifted elements which, incorporated into a Luna Gardens design, create a unique and sophisticated look. 310.281.2565 or visit them at 9062 West Pico Boulevard in Century City.
- Marcia L. Johnson Floral Artistry Marcia's work is all over wedding magazines and rightly so. Our favorites are the geometrically arranged baskets and centerpieces, but she has lots of delightful and colorful surprises up her sleeve. Serving South Orange County and beach areas; consultations by appointment. 949.369.7774.
- Jacob Maarse Florists Jacob Maarse is the preferred florist of the Tournament of Roses, so it goes without saying that their style is grand and eloquent. They'll work with you even if you aren't a Rose Princess (this year, anyway)--take a look online at their hand-tied bouquets, densely packed with roses: 626.449.0246
- A Thousand Petals/Michelle Tomyuk Michelle is a sweet and smart person and her designs are just like her. Not only does she create lovely floral art, but she teaches private classes in floral arranging and conducts her business in a "green" fashion--that is, by composting, recycling packaging, and minimizing the use of harmful chemicals (rife in much of the florist industry, though they'd prefer you not to think about it.) Call 310.455.7023 or 805.905.7077 and tell her MarriageToGo sent you.
- Spectacular Florals They sure are. Call 323.804.0464 or email them at email@example.com to talk spectacular.
- Effusive Flowers One of my favorite West. L.A. florists--beautiful floral arrangements, unique or traditional designs. Check out their website or call 310.826.4353 or 800.366.6567 toll-free.
- Fiore Designs Simply splendiferous custom florals for your wedding and reception. Call Jennifer Katz at 818.980.6410 and check out some of her work on the Fiore Designs website.
- Tea Rose Garden/Grace Kim Nothing goes better with flowers than afternoon tea, so why not pop by this Pasadena tearoom and watch the florist team in action? Proprietress Grace Kim has created a fetching combination of tea tradition and floral glory. Tea Rose Garden specializes in English garden floral arrangements, perfect for a wedding. 28 South Raymond, Pasadena; 626.578.1144.
- Andres Hernandez (no website currently available) is an event and floral designer in the Hollywood area who serves the entire Southland. He has extensive experience with movie industry events and his floral designs for weddings and personal flowers are exquisite. He uses the latest in design elements and floral gear to great effect; only Andres would think to use the newly-available magnetic corsage "pin" to spare us holes in our gowns and lungs. Call him at 323.960.0144 or 323.206.8292 for more information.
- With Our Aloha Hawaiian Leis Freshly made Hawaiian leis shipped direct to you for your beach, tiki, or Island themed wedding (or just because you like the idea of being enwreathed in flowers.) Kona coffee and Hawaiian party favors also available.
Back To Main Resources Menu
Copyright © 2001-2009, MarriageToGo.Com, All Rights Reserved. MarriageToGo is a federally registered trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office