how it works
Simple, fast, innovative wedding ceremonies tailored just for you
MarriageToGo = Simple, Legal, and SAFE Elopements.
Availability is extremely limited. Please contact us ASAP if you need legal marriage.
Elizabeth Oakes is a California is a professional wedding officiant and notary authorized to issue California confidential marriage licenses. Our "Safe Elopement" Marriage Bundle with marriage license and civil ceremony is everything you need for a complete legal marriage, and it's quick, easy, and worry-free.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONFIDENTIAL MARRIAGE:
- You must already be living together.
- You need not be a resident of California to qualify.
- You must be over 18 and have a valid, unexpired government-issued ID like a drivers license or passport that shows your complete legal name, no abbreviations, errors, or omissions.
- You must present proof of any dissolution of marriage/SRDP that became final within the last two years, and proof of legal name changes at any time. You may also be required to present other documents (like a birth or naturalization certificate) to verify your information.
If you don't currently cohabit you don't qualify for a confidential license, but you can obtain a public license from any CA County Clerk's office. Notaries cannot issue public licenses. You'll still need valid ID and proof of divorce/name changes. Both confidential and public licenses can be purchased or solemnized anywhere in California.
REQUIREMENTS FOR "SAFE ELOPEMENT" SERVICES:
This pandemic year has impacted how we live and work, and how we get married too. For the duration of 2021, we will be perfonming couples-only services (no guests or photographers) exlusively outdoors and socially distanced, in full compliance with best practices for pandemic safety. These restrictions are meant to preserve your health and safety as well as ours. We endeavor to bring richness and meaning to your "safe elopement" as we have for each marriage we've conducted over the past two decades.
Don't worry, we can help you with streaming your ceremony for your family and friends, because "socially distanced" doesn't have to mean "isolated" or "uncelebrated."
We welcome couples of all faiths (or lack thereof) for civil elopement ceremonies, with your marriage license or ours.
We are also marriage equality and LGBTQ+ allies. If you're a same-sex or non-gender conforming couple thinking about marrying, we provide a safe space for you to make it official and would be honored to serve you.
Confidential marriage is awesome because:
- Your marriage can happen privately at any time, including weekends and holidays.
- Confidential marriage licenses do not require a witness, so you can have your "marriage moment" with just the two of you and the officiant for greater privacy and safety.
- There are no waiting periods, blood tests, or counseling requirements, and you do not need to be a resident of California to qualify.
How Do I Get Started with a MarriageToGo "Safe Elopement"?
- Call us at 310.288.6658 or click here to email us.
- Please specify your preferred date and time, and whether you qualify for confidential marriage (or have already obtained your own license).
We'll get back to you with availability and a rate quote right away!
Once you approve your rate quote, finalize your date and time, and agree to our "safe elopement" protocol, we'll email your contract and payment information. A non-refundable non-transferable retainer is required to reserve your appointment; for short-notice, same-day, or holiday/high-demand dates, a 100% retainer payable upon booking may be required.
For the safety of your financial information, we accept secure online payment via PayPal ONLY. Sorry, we don't accept cash, money orders, or checks of any kind, nor do we accept payment via other payment apps.
That's it! Once you've approved the contract terms and submitted the retainer fee, your date and time are locked in. The marriage application process take just a couple of emails to complete. The lead-up is simple and clear, and you can rest easy knowing that your legal marriage will soon be complete.
What If We Want To Meet You Before We Marry?
How Much Does MarriageToGo Cost?
Want to get a basic idea of our rates? Click here to view our Rates page. MarriageToGo Safe Elopements aren't a discount service, but we provide excellent value with our proven reliability, experience, and attention to detail. Check out our Yelp ratings to see what our clients have to say.
What About Videoconference, Phone, And Proxy Marriages?
During the pandemic, some states and counties--including California--have authorized virtual marriage license issuance and/or ceremonies online, but in Los Angeles County these are only available through the L.A. County Clerk's office, for L.A. County residents only. Many years ago California had laws that allowed for wartime proxy marriages, but these provisions are no longer active. Please do not confuse proxy marriage--a court-ordered process--with phone marriage. Phone marriages are strictly illegal everywhere and proxy marriages are only available in a few jurisdictions nationwide, and usually not recognized for immigration purposes. Please check out our Wedding Fraud Alerts page for more information or to report wedding fraud.
If you have questions about our services, drop a line. I'm happy to answer all your questions by phone, email, or videochat before you choose your notary/officiant--no obligation, of course.
Please call 310.288.6658 or email anytime if you want to know more. We look forward to hearing from you.
Hope to be of service to you soon!